Benefits of Staying Hydrated
Every process in the human body depends on water. Staying hydrated offers many benefits, from weight loss to boosting mood, energy and sleep. A few Tri’s to choose from when wanting to drink more water is Sip Water Throughout the Day or Choose ‘No Sugar Added’ Drinks. Below you’ll find tips on accomplishing whichever you’d like to try.
Sip Water Throughout the Day
Steady does it. Sipping water throughout the day can keep you hydrated and energized while helping all the organs in your body function well.
- Flavor your water: Use Fresh mint leaves, basil, or ginger. Fresh fruit and citrus is another excellent addition to your water.
- Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up: Leave a glass of water by your bed the night before, making this habit a little easier to do.
For more tips on Sipping Water Throughout the Day – check out the How-To section of the Fresh Tri App
Choose “No Sugar Added” Drinks
Sweet drinks can pack a lot of added sugars. Find drinks you enjoy without added sugar for a healthier way to quench your thirst.
- Drink mineral water instead of sugary beverages. Bottled from natural springs, mineral water, is rich in various minerals. See how it feels to swap your regular soda or juice for mineral water.
- Drink herbal tea – hot or cold. Tea contains less sugar and caffeine than soda.
- Make a large pitcher of Cucumber Lime Spa Drink
- 1 large cucumber, skin on and sliced
- 1 large lime, sliced
- 1/3 cup of lime juice
- 64 ounces pitcher of water
- Add all ingredients into a large pitcher for easy access to a delicious, refreshing flavored water
If you would like to Drink More Water – download the Fresh Tri App for free and explore all the customized How-To’s.
The Mayo Clinic also shares tips for upping your water game:
- Tie it into a routine.
Drink a glass of water every time you brush your teeth, eat a meal or use the bathroom.
- Eat it.
Many fruits and vegetables, including melon, cucumbers, lettuce, and celery, have a high water content.