Low Carb Taco Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef or lean ground turkey
- 1 cup onions, diced
- Two teaspoons garlic, minced
- One package of your favorite taco Seasoning
- ⅔ cup water
- 12 Boston lettuce leaves or large romaine leaves
- 1½ cups tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup healthy ranch dressing or fat-free sour cream
- ¼ cup salsa
- Add ground beef or turkey, onions, and garlic in a large nonstick pan. Sauté together until meat is browned. Bring to sink, pour in a colander, and drain off any excess fat. Add beef mixture back to pan.
- Add taco seasoning, water and mix well. Bring to a boil, heat to simmer, and cook for 5 minutes.
- To Make One Taco Lettuce Wrap: Add ¼ cup taco meat on top of the leaf. Top with two tablespoons chopped tomato. Drizzle one teaspoon ranch dressing or sour cream and one teaspoon salsa over the top.