Color breathing is an easy, efficient, fun, and convenient way to help reduce stress and calm your mind.
Color breathing involves visualizing different colors as you inhale and exhale. Each color is associated with different emotions and qualities, so choosing the right color can help you achieve the desired effect.
Color Breathing: A Guide on How to Do It
- Get in a comfortable seated position and close your eyes.
- Relax by breathing slowly and deeply (taking at least 6 seconds on the exhale).
- Think of the feeling you would like to create — this could be an emotion or just positive feelings.
- Next, assign this feeling a color. Visualize the color you’ve chosen.
- Continue to breathe while holding that color in your thoughts.
- With each inhale, imagine the color covering your body from head to toe.
- Continue to breathe. Let the color fill your entire body, including your fingertips and toes.
- With each exhale, imagine any unwanted emotions leaving your body.
- With each inhale, feel the warmth and positivity of your desired emotion flowing into your body.
Benefits of Color Breathing
Color breathing can reduce stress, improve mood, as well as improve overall well-being. This makes sense as color therapy (the use of color and light) has been used to help reduce stress, promote a sense of relaxation, improve sleep, among other benefits.
Incorporating color breathing into your daily routine is easy and can be done almost anywhere. You can do it in the morning to start your day off on the right foot, or in the evening to unwind before bed. You can even do it at work to help you stay focused and calm during a busy day.
So, the next time you’re feeling overwhelmed or anxious, try incorporating some color breathing into your routine and see how it can benefit your mental and physical well being.