Title: Vice President, Clinical, and Executive Director of Iteration Institute
Location: 100% remote, U.S. based
Job Type: W2, Full-time employee
Fresh Tri is a neuroscience-based technology company that uses a simple, positive approach to behavior change based on the science of habit formation.
Dedicated to helping people feel better, Fresh Tri offers technology that leverages mindset, practice, and iteration—inviting people to test-drive healthy, evidence-based habits, removing the guesswork and feelings of failure that often accompany lifestyle change. Fresh Tri empowers users to be unstoppable by iterating their way to better health. There is no “fail” — only practice and iteration.
How We Work
Empowering others to be unstoppable begins with fostering a sense of belonging both within and outside of our organization. Our leaders’ values of inclusivity create a workplace culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates diversity of all kinds, connecting us closer to the communities we serve.
Our work culture is designed to encourage and support personal growth and development. Team members are challenged to contribute to a variety of initiatives with many opportunities to learn new skills, take on new projects, and embrace new roles. We measure our individual successes by how much we help others on the team, and we measure our impact by how we improve the lives of those we serve.
Fresh Tri is a 100% remote team with headquarters on a 170-acre retreat in the Santa Cruz mountains in California. The company offers unlimited PTO, a highly flexible work schedule and an opportunity to work across many disciplines.
The Work To Be Done
- Lead scientific and clinical team (coaching, behavior design, scientific and clinical research).
- Develop and execute on publication strategy.
- Work with CEO/strategic advisors to develop and launch, and then direct new Iteration Institute promoting the scientific discoveries of the company, including management and support of a Clinical Scientific Advisory board.
- Conduct all necessary research and provide concrete behavioral and clinical requirements and ongoing guidance throughout the company’s software design-to-dev process.
- Wholeheartedly support and translate with high fidelity the product, research and publication vision of the founder/CEO to establish an iterative approach to behavior change in health.
- Lead efforts on high quality clinical and scientific research, publications, and data insights.
Desired Background And Experience
- MD required
- Board-certified in obesity medicine (preferred) or related medical specialty.
- 5+ years of direct patient care experience, preferably in weight loss or other health behavior change context.
- 3+ years of executive or managerial leadership experience.
- Working knowledge of behavior science, neuroscience, or behavior psychology is preferred.
- Deep understanding of population health, claims costs, health behavior change dynamics, clinical guidelines (specifically obesity, preventive, and metabolic health related) and clinical outcomes.
- Published author in peer-reviewed journals and able to manage those on our team doing literature reviews, manuscript drafting, and/or IRB or data analytics vendors.
- Strong communication, writing, and data analysis skills.
Who You Are
- Intrepid dedication to changing healthcare, empowering patients, and leading with equal parts compassion and wisdom.
- Disillusioned with the current behavior change approaches, but still hopeful and inspired by breakthroughs.
- Driving passion for efficacy, efficiency, and innovation and proven ability to deliver on each.
- Natural teacher who is pithy and a strong storyteller.
- Not driven by greed, but often feels abundant and able to manifest what you set your mind to.
- Secure in one’s professional value and expertise such that competing and/or self-promotion have subsided.
- Ability to track and relax ego forms such that defensiveness and negative emotions are fleeting and an availability to communicate and resolve conflict or confusion resumes quickly.
- Emotionally intelligent, heart-driven, earth-based, plant-based, holistic, idealistic, grounded, scientific, translational, understated, born to do this.
- Good sense of humor and healthy coping skills to navigate this intense world we are in.
- Interest in psychedelic-assisted therapies preferred.
Fresh Tri is an equal opportunity employer that condemns discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. Accommodations are available upon request.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets, and is based on a number of factors including but not limited to market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The base pay for this position ranges from $200,000/year, up to $265,000/year, plus benefits, bonus, and equity.