Title: Lead Product Designer
Location: 100% remote, U.S. based
Job Type: Full-time employee
Fresh Tri is a neuroscience-based technology company that uses a simple, positive approach to behavior change based on the science of habit formation.
Dedicated to helping people feel better, Fresh Tri offers technology that leverages mindset, practice, and iteration—inviting people to test-drive healthy, evidence-based habits, removing the guesswork and feelings of failure that often accompany lifestyle change. Fresh Tri empowers users to be unstoppable by iterating their way to better health. There is no “fail” — only practice and iteration.
How We Work
Empowering others to be unstoppable begins with fostering a sense of belonging both within and outside of our organization. Our leaders’ values of inclusivity create a workplace culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates diversity of all kinds, connecting us closer to the communities we serve.
Our work culture is designed to encourage and support personal growth and development. Team members are challenged to contribute to a variety of initiatives with many opportunities to learn new skills, take on new projects, and embrace new roles. We measure our individual successes by how much we help others on the team, and we measure our impact by how we improve the lives of those we serve.
Fresh Tri is a 100% remote team with headquarters on a 170-acre retreat in the Santa Cruz mountains in California. The company offers unlimited PTO, a highly flexible work schedule and an opportunity to work across many disciplines.
The Work To Be Done
- Incorporate behavior design, human centered design, digital and game design to create compelling and effective digital experiences.
- From research and ideation to build and implementation, you will design, prototype, and test elegant and innovative solutions that can scale, while always using UX best practices and methodologies.
- Work day-to-day in a cross-functional team of engineers, product designers, content producers, behavioral scientists and product managers to build and test new experiences that help support our users in their journey towards better health.
- Bring forward and champion strong conceptual ideas that are strategically correct, on brand and continually push the product forward.
- Create and design a variety of creative assets including but not limited to – high fidelity click through prototypes for both web and mobile, low fidelity mockups and sketches, user flowers and journey mapping,illustrations, iconography and animations (both 2d and 3d).
- Develop and maintain design systems, information architecture and prototyping deliverables that push the boundaries of incredible user experience
Desired Background And Experience
- 3+ years working as a product designer (focused on UX and UI).
- 1+ years working within behavioral science, mental health, healthcare, wellness or related fields.
- You are a passionate multidisciplinary designer with expert knowledge and understanding of UX/UI, typography, illustration, video, animation, and, of course, you have a fine-tuned aesthetic.
- Expert interaction design skills with proven experience using prototyping tools such as Figma, Proto-pie, Framer and Overflow for both web and mobile.
- Master of the usual creative cloud packages, including but not limited to Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects).
- Ability to freely and rapidly create, produce, and test multiple UX/UI concepts and prototypes.
- Experience in creating and maintaining design systems and pattern libraries.
- You have a detail-oriented and strategic approach to work, possessing strong time management and interpersonal skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Deeply curious by nature and draws inspiration from, and is close to, Mother Earth, valuing plant-based medicines, biomimicry, and first principles thinking.
- Thoughtfulness, empathy and compassion. We look after each other and lead by example.
- B.A. or Master’s, ideally in design, HCI, psychology, behavioral science or related fields.
- Strong portfolio showcasing a wide variety of digital design work in UX/UI, video, animation, and illustration
- Expert skills in both Figma and Adobe CC.
- Experience working on both Mobile and Web products.
- Experience in Health, Wellbeing and Behavioral Science.
- Working knowledge of various programming languages.
- Previous experience with Airtable and Teamworks.
If selected for an interview:
- Please be prepared to present at least 2-3 strong case studies demonstrating your UX process & solution from initial discovery to launch.
- Final candidates may be asked to do a very short design exercise of their choice that is not related to the brand.
Fresh Tri is an equal opportunity employer that condemns discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. Accommodations are available upon request.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets, and is based on a number of factors including but not limited to market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The base pay for this position ranges from $80,000/year, up to $125,000/year, plus benefits, bonus, and equity.